PRESERVING WEDDING BOUQUETS: HOW TO MAKE A MEMORABLE KEEPSAKE
Greet viewers with Svgand.com! Congratulations, you’ve finally tied the knot with your significant other. After the wedding celebration, most couples want to make sure to preserve their beloved wedding bouquets. The bouquet, after all, is the centerpiece of the ceremony and symbolizes the love and unity between the newlyweds. To help you create a memorable keepsake, we’ve gathered some ideas for preserving your wedding bouquet.
Idea 1: Bridal Bouquet Shadow Box
A bridal bouquet shadow box is a classic way to preserve your wedding bouquet. The shadow box is a frame that has a depth to it, which allows you to add three-dimensional objects. To create your shadow box, you will need a frame, pins, a foam board, and dried flowers. Once you have the materials ready, follow these steps:
- Take apart your bouquet and deconstruct it carefully.
- Arrange the dried flowers in a design that you would like to showcase.
- Pin the dried flowers and other memorabilia onto a foam board or mat board.
- Place the foam board or mat board inside the frame and seal it with glass or acrylic.
Once you have completed these steps, you can hang the shadow box display in your home to enjoy, or give it as a gift to a loved one.
Idea 2: Flower Preservation with Silica Gel
If you want to keep your bouquet as is, or even if you wish to preserve individual flowers, using silica gel is a great option. Silica gel is a desiccant that absorbs moisture from flowers, leaves, and petals, which helps to preserve their natural shape and color. The process of preserving your flowers with silica gel is straightforward and easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour some silica gel into the container.
- Place the flowers into the container, making sure that they are not touching each other.
- Seal the container and leave the flowers for a week or two.
After a week or two, you can remove the flowers and carefully brush the silica gel off using a soft paintbrush. Your flowers are now ready for display or to be kept for a more extended period.
Idea 3: Vintage Dried Flower Bouquet in Mini Oval Shadow Box Frame
If you’re looking for a unique way to preserve your wedding bouquet, consider creating a vintage dried flower bouquet in a mini oval shadow box frame. This idea is perfect if you want to display your flowers like they’re fresh and not in their natural color. Here’s how to make it:
- Take apart your bouquet carefully and choose the flowers that you would like to use.
- Dry the flowers using a flower press or silica gel.
- Arrange the dried flowers in a pattern that you like.
- Place the flowers inside the mini oval shadow box frame and seal it with glass or acrylic.
Once you’ve completed this, you can hang the display on the wall or showcase it on a table for everyone to admire.
Preserving your wedding bouquet can be an excellent way to keep the memories of your big day alive. Whether you choose a simple or elaborate keepsake, you’ll treasure it for many years to come. With these ideas for preserving your wedding bouquet, you’ll be sure to find an option that suits you best. Start creating your keepsake today!